Martin Luther King: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”
Vision, Mission and Purpose
International Youth Movement For Human Rights (IYMFHR/The movement) engages, inspires & mobilises the youth communities in Vietnam and abroad to transform human rights conditions in Vietnam.
A powerful platform connecting young people around the world to create effective, real change for the advancement of freedom & democracy in Vietnam through human rights foundation.
- The Movement recognizes:
- Human rights within Vietnam, in accordance with UN conventions, have been violated;
- People do not enjoy the rights to freedom and democracy in the true sense; the country is being invaded by foreigners under many forms.
- The Movement was established to:
- Gather people and organizations together to fight for human rights, freedom and sovereignty of Viet Nam;
- Aim at the development of young people, especially the Vietnamese youth, to build a humanity foundation based on true freedom, independence, and democracy
- The Movement wishes to:
- raise awareness of young people about the country and its people;
- raise an awareness of democracy, freedom and human rights among the young people
- promote and equip the young people with patriotism in the defense and development of a humane country;
- encourage and enable young people to engage in activities that benefit the nation, the people and the society.
- be a bridge connecting and expanding the cooperation and support of young people around the world sharing the same values of human rights.
Principles and Values
- We do not accept the domination or ruling of any dictatorship regime and will always fight for the human rights and sovereignty for its citizens.
- We will continue to inspire patriotism, build connections and empower the young Vietnamese around the world.
- We will also continue to seek every opportunity to raise awareness of human rights in the country, while at the same time aim at overcoming fear imposed by the propaganda, and long-term terrorism of the Communist.
- We promise to do our best to be true to ourselves to uphold responsibility, honour and integrity to contribute to our community and our world.
- In the best interest of the IYMFHR, all activities/conducts/public promotions of the Chapter/Affiliation must always serve our mission, vision and shall abide by all guidelines/policies/statute by the IYMFHR Central Board.
- We value the recognition of the rights of all individuals to mutual respect; acceptance of others without biases based on differences of any kind.
- We commit to individual and collaboration efforts to build respect, dignity, fairness, equality, and self-esteem.